19. March 2012 11:42
This may be obvious to many, but as we all know what’s obvious to us is not necessarily obvious to a billion others. So we may as well throw it out on a blog for the betterment of mankind. Actually, that may be a lofty expectation for my next tip, but here goes.
If you use an internet site like Meetup or Facebook to manage calendar appointments and you want to see those events on your Windows Phone, do it like this.
- Go to calendar.live.com and log in with your Live account. If you don’t have a Live account, you can obviously get a free one and hopefully you know that this doesn’t mean you have to get a @live.com or @hotmail.com email address. Even if your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, you can sign up for a email address.
- Now click subscribe on the top
- Keep Subscribe to a public calendar selected
- Now go get the URL to the .ics file published by your site and paste it into the Calendar URL
- Give it a name
- Choose a color and a charm if you’d like
- Click Subscribe to calendar
Now you can see this calendar on your Windows Phone if you go to the calendar settings.
This is making my life a lot easier. I hope it enriches yours as well.